CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Knee Update

Well, my knee still hurts. I called the doctor yesterday and he wanted me to come in so he could take a look at it. The stitches look good and the swelling has gone way down. I have been trying to walk without my crutches because the take home instructions said I would only need them for 3-5 days. It was not a good idea. I was limping on my knee and that made it hurt even worse. My doctor has ordered me to go to physical therapy twice a week for 4 weeks. He wants me to stay off it and keep it elevated. When I am up I need to use the crutches. My poor Olivia, she has had enough of her mom being out of commission, she says I can't even go swimming or even cook her dinner. Her life is so rough :0( As far as m knee is concerned, I think I am just expecting too much too soon.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like you need to slow down and give it more time to heal! Don't push it, you don't want to create more problems!

What about swimming...would that be good therapy?

Sherry said...

I am sorry that you are in pain that is never fun! Slow down and take it easy. It is always the nurse that pushes herself to hard! Let me know if I can do anything:0)

Stacey said...

Wow, that's not good. Slow down and let it heal. This is a time for you to just enjoy life and let your body rest! Do you need more meals this week? I feel bad that we didn't do more for your family!