CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's A God Thing

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I mailed a package to Colette in Ireland. Inside was a prayer journal from our home team, some Cd's I put together with songs of comfort for Colette and her family , and a book called the Season's of Grief. I know exactly how Colette is feeling right now as I have lost both of my parents. I have peace knowing they are with our Lord, but the sadness just never goes away that they are not here with me. Well, Colette finally received the package. I guess they deliver packages over there by bicycle(not joking!). Her brother was finally able to download the Cd on to her mp3 player. Backing up just a little bit, before her dad died, she and all of her siblings were around his bedside singing to him his two favorite songs: You Lift Me Up by Josh Groban and Wind Beneath My Wings. Colette was finally able to listen to her mp3 player and the first song that came on was You Lift Me Up. She began to cry knowing they sang this to her dad before he passed away. The mp3 player was in shuffle mode and the next song that came on was Wind Beneath My Wings. This was a "God Thing" for those two songs to be on that Cd. Her sister asked her if she asked me to put the songs on the Cd and Colette said we never spoke of it. Her siblings couldn't believe the prayer journal and that is was so awesome. Next, Colette signed up on an email list to receive daily emails from a grief website. As she was reading the book, she realized that the emails were exactly from the book. Another God Thing. It's amazing how our great God takes care of his children. Please pray that God will continue to work in Ireland through Colette and her sister Therese to bring her mom and siblings to Him.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I had an email from Colette yesterday and she said how special the prayer journal was to her. I'm so glad you thought of it and allowed us all to be a part of it. I love it when you can see God's hand in things and all you can do is give Him the glory!

I'm glad you're feeling up to blogging...how's the knee today?

Stacey said...

That is so amazing! I'm so glad to hear God is working in and through her while she's there!